Science Committee Research Fellowship Convenor
Deadline: 1 November 2022
The ESPE Science Committee is seeking applications from members for the role of Research Fellowship Convenor within the Committee. The vacancy has arisen due to the end of the second term of office of Katharina Main. The 3-year appointment will start immediately on selection.
The ESPE Research Fellowship enables talented early-career scientists, investigators, and paediatric endocrinologists to conduct research at leading institutions worldwide. This outstanding programme has helped launch powerful careers in leading-edge clinical research in paediatric endocrinology. The convenor will take overall responsibility for the co-ordination and assessment of applications, with the support of their colleagues on the Science Committee, and the ESPE Team. Science Committee members are further supported by an Expert Panel, whose expertise and opinion can be drawn upon when required by the Committee.
The ESPE Science Committee was established in 2015 to address the following remit:
- To facilitate collaborative scientific activity of ESPE members
- To increase the participation of the wider ESPE membership in scientific activities
- To optimise the opportunities that are available for scientific development of ESPE members at all stages of their professional career.
As a member of the Science Committee, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Attend quarterly meetings (two face-to-face, including at the Annual Meeting, and two by videoconference each year)
- Contribute to ongoing discussions via email throughout the year within the remit of the Science Committee
- Take specific responsibility for the smooth running of ESPE’s Research Fellowship
The Convenor will hold office for an initial term of three years with the possibility to continue for a second term of three years.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact the ESPE team at: email@example.com.
To apply for this post, please send an email outlining your suitability for the vacancy, together with your CV, to the ESPE team at: firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 November 2022.
All applicants should read the ESPE Committee Guidelines before applying.